Courtesy of Viva XXXII Tequila
Here some great tasting, budget friendly tequilas to keep on your radar. The distinct agave-based liquor can err on the side of pricey; however, Viva XXXII Tequila offers tequila lovers the best and affordable tequila you can find. Whether you’re a margarita addict, tequila sunrise-lover, or prefer it straight or on the rocks, VIVA XXXII Tequila will be sure to satisfy your taste buds and your wallet.
Bonus: each of the bottles is so beautiful, it makes for a great gift that you won’t have to bother wrapping or looks great on any bar!
Charity: Viva XXXII donates 10% of their net proceeds to animal abuse prevention and regulatory partner with charities that make a difference.
SHAKE TO THE BEET
- 1 1/2 oz of VIVA XXXII Joven
- 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Beet juice
- 3/4 oz Ginger Syrup
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/4 Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake
- Strain into Nick & Nora Glass
- Garnish with Sprig of Thyme
Tequila is already one of the healthier spirits being made from the agave plant. VIVA XXX pairs perfectly with beet juice because of its health qualities, such as lowering blood pressure, being a good source of potassium, liver support, improvement in exercise stamina, etc. The ginger ingredient aids digestion, removes excess gas, improves bone health, and more. This cocktail can also double down as a Mexican Mule over ice topped off with ginger beer.
- 2 oz VIVA XXXII Reposado
- 1/4 oz Agave Syrup
- 4 Dashes Coffee Cubeb, Cocoa Nib, Hot Pepper Bitters
- 4 Dashes Dry Roasted Cricket Tincture
- Combine all ingredients and stir
- Strain into double rocks glass over ice
- Garnished with Expressed Lemon Peel
A take on the Oaxacan Old Fashioned, The Chirp has been modified with some interesting flavor profiles. Using an aged spirit will give the cocktail body and the right bitters will really make this cocktail shine, such as the spicy coffee chocolate bitters paired with a woody cricket tincture. Not only are crickets environmentally stable, but they also contain 65% protein, omegas 3 and 6, and are high in calcium and vitamin B12.
I DON’T CARROT ALL
- 2 oz VIVA XXXII Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz Carrot Juice
- 3/4 oz Turmeric Simple Syrup (1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder)
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- Combine ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake
- Pour into a Collins glass
- Top with Soda Water
- Top with Crushed Ice
- Garnish with Basil Leaf
The idea behind this cocktail is a healthy Carrot Tequila Collins spiced up with turmeric powder. A great brunch cocktail with plenty of health benefits, the turmeric powder in “I Don’t Carrot All” helps fight inflammation, acts as an antioxidant, improves liver function, and aids digestion. The benefits of a carrot juice are vitamins C, D E and K, and have minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
THE SUPERFOOD SOUR
- 1 1/2 oz Goji Berry Infused VIVA XXXII Joven
- 1 oz Unsalted Garbanzo Been Water
- 1/2 oz Chareau Aloe Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- Combine ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake with Ice
- Strain back into tin
- Dry Shake
- Strain into Martini Glass
- Garnish with Goji Berries
A healthy take on a tequila sour, The Superfood Sour combines aloe and goji berries, and takes it a step further, by using unsalted garbanzo bean water instead of using traditional egg white (vegan friendly!). G berries promote healthy skin, stabilize blood sugar, detoxify the liver, boost fertility, improve immune function, and more.