Courtesy of Colonie Garden Bistro 24
Chef Donald Rogers
Bacon, blue cheese and dijon mussels
- 1T. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2oz. of white wine
- ¼ cup of chopped cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup of julienne shallots
- 1T. of chopped garlic
- ½ cup of crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup of Dijon mustard
- 1 qt. of Prince Edward Island mussels
- ¼ stick of butter
- 1oz. of chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place medium-sized sauté pan on burner and use medium high heat.
- When hot, cover the bottom of the pan with oil. Add shallots, garlic, and bacon.
- Cook until shallots and garlic start to brown or caramelize.
- Next, pour in the white wine to de-glaze the pan and cook out the alcohol. The wine will be reduced by half when all the alcohol is cooked out.
- Next, add half of the blue cheese and Dijon mustard.
- After all ingredients are mixed together pour in the Mussels and cover, let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Take cover off, add the butter and continue to cook until butter is melted.
- Toss everything in the pan so all mussels are covered with sauce.
- Pour the pan into a bowl and top with the rest of the blue cheese crumbles, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper.
5 Vista Boulevard
Slingerlands • 439.3832
1839 Central Avenue
Albany • 456.4566