The Apple barrel
Stuffed Flank Steak Roulade with Polenta and Peas
2 ½ pounds flank steak
6 oz. multi grain bread
5 oz. red pepper
1/4 large onion
5 oz. mushrooms
3 oz. mild sausage
2 oz. pesto
5 oz. beef stock
4 oz. stone ground corn meal
1 cup of peas
- Salt and pepper flank steak, sear in butter.
- Saute sausage.
- Medium dice multi-grain bread and mushrooms.
- Fine dice red pepper and onion.
- Combine bread, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and sausage.
- Fold in pesto, eggs and beef stock.
- Evenly layer stuffing over flank steak.
- Roll up and tie with butcher string.
- Roast in 350 degree oven until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Add stone ground corn meal to boiling water and follow directions.
- Serve with a cup of fresh steamed peas.
115 State Route 30A, Schoharie, NY • 295.7179 • www.applebarrelcountrystore.com